My newest advice for all the mommas out there is to resist the temptation to brag about your baby. I think I'll have to save all of my NTBs for myself because it seems that every time I talk up Zoey--she ends up shooting me down. For example...I think I was getting a little too smug about the perfect-ness of my little girl. "Oh, she sleeps any where! She goes right down for her naps! She never cries during the day! She is flawless!" Well I guess she overheard me and decided to teach me a lesson. Ever since I proclaimed to have the best kid on the face of the planet (although I still do...) she's been proving me wrong ever since. Since Saturday she's been fussier than normal and I can't pinpoint the reason although I've tested out several hypotheses. Moms always seem to have a theory ready for 'why'--she must not like her pack 'n' play, she likes the room dark, she loves being swaddled, blah blah blah. We don't really know. We just spend our whole time guessing until they can actually tell us what they want.
My point is--if your baby is a good sleeper...keep it to yourself. If she doesn't cry hardly ever...don't tell a soul. If she eats like a champ...silently pat yourself on the back. If you brag--your baby will test you.
On the other hand, it seems that if you talk a little smack about your child the same thing will happen--they'll prove you wrong every time. My sister-in-law threw the gauntlet down when she admitted on Facebook that her 11 month old still doesn't sleep through the night. And what happened?? He slept 7-7 very same night. It's like they are all trying to remind us--"Hey you think you've got me pegged? I'll show you who is boss." Because we all know who is the boss in the family--and it sure ain't me.
So in conclusion, if you want your baby to act like an angel--treat every day as opposite day...and you'll do just fine.
No comments:
Post a Comment