I received the best news yesterday that I could ever have imagined. I did not, unfortunately, win the lottery...but I feel like I did. I have been hemming and hawing for the past month or so about going back to work. I just hated the thought of leaving Zoey at a 'day care' situation and even though the woman that we found was super sweet...she was going to be one of 5 kids there and even worse--one of two babies. This made me so nervous I was a total freak worrying about it and stressing over it. Until yesterday. My wonderful neighbor is just that...wonderful. She and her family and so sweet, loving and they are exactly the kind of people you hope would move in next to you. In my wildest dreams I always said to Matt--wouldn't it be nice if Maggie watched Zoey?? I packed this thought away along with other far fetched hopes and moved on. But yesterday my dream came true when Maggie came over to tell me that she and her girls wanted to watch my little princess. I cried when she told me I was so happy and tears are welling up even now as I write this because I can't believe how lucky I am. Zoey will be able to be at our house and cared for by three wonderful women. She'll be able to go on walks, trips and be taken care of as if I was there. I seriously cannot stop smiling because I am so happy for Zoey. This is more than an ideal situation!!! I have come to realize that if you are a working mother--there is no greater worry than whether or not your child is being taken care of. Although I will miss being at home with Zoey so incredibly much (and there will still be tears)--I won't have to worry about if she is okay or being loved. I feel like I can finally breathe! I am the luckiest girl around.
So lucky, in fact, that I knew my good karma wouldn't last forever. Just hours after Maggie came over to tell me the good news I went to the dentist and wouldn't you know it--my first cavity in 15 years. I mean really universe...you couldn't just let me have my day??
And finally...how freaking cute is this picture?? Not only is the red hair out and about--but that drool is too funny. That is what I wipe up hour after hour!! My left shoulder hasn't been dry in weeks!
No comments:
Post a Comment