Friday, October 21, 2011

Choosing My Attitude

The past few weeks have looked like this for me:  no sleep, face in our bank account, fingers on the calculator--desperately trying to find a way to cut major costs so that I can stay home with my sweet baby.  If you asked Matt what the past few weeks have looked like he might answer more like: crazy wife, crying, non-stop obsessing, lunatic, etc.  
Somehow when I was pregnant I thought that going back to work would be somewhat a natural progression in all of this.  Although I never imagined it to be easy, I just thought it would happen kind of organically.  I think I even said, "I'll be ready to go back to work by November."  HA!!!  What a crock of crap.  I had no idea what I was getting myself into.  Once I took a look into Zoey's big blue eyes I realized that I didn't care about much else... especially a lousy job.  ESPECIALLY a job in which I spend the day with other people's children.  I am now a month away from my first day back and have come to the sad realization that it's inevitable...I will, in fact, be returning to work.  I am trying hard to 'choose my attitude' about this and focus less on the work piece and more on the fact that I still have one more month with my gorgeous daughter.  I know that mothers go back to work each and every day--survive--and their children turn out wonderfully.  I just don't want to do it.  But I am pledging here and now that I will try to turn my frown upside down, check my 'tude and get it together.  However, in the meantime...if any of you are willing to pay me to be a stay at home momma I will gladly accept your money.

No comments:

Post a Comment