Do you ever have a skinny day?? Sure you do!! It's one of the best days of the week/month/year (however often they come along). It's a day where woman rejoice, they throw their hands up in the air and celebrate their body. They don't happen often...so when we feel skinny--it's time to do a little bragging.
Well when you get pregnant not only are these days VERY FEW and far between--but sometimes they are downright impossible to have. Starting each day by stretching your growing belly into shirts and pants that used to fit you isn't exactly the best way to say 'good morning'. When you realize you only have four pairs of wearable pants--when your favorite shirt won't clear your (now popped out) belly button--when at the end of the day your feet look and feel like sausages...this is NOT what a skinny day is made of.
To be perfectly honest, most of the days I just feel fat--at the very least uncomfortable. My head and heart know that I'm doing the very best of deeds and that I'm growing a human inside of my very own body. But it's hard to always feel useful and full of purpose when most of the time you just feel full of a larger body than you are used to. This mental toll can get to a girl! Add in the hormones, every day stresses and preparing to have a little one in your house and a breakdown is lurking at every corner.
But...
Today I am having a skinny day!!! NTB but I deserve it...so you all are going to hear about it. I went walking in an all black ensemble (black is the new black) and when I got back I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and for a very tiny moment I could have sworn that I was staring at my pre-baby body. What a breakthrough...and just what this mommy needs. Thank you skinny gods, I needed this. Tomorrow may be another story--but I'll always have today!
I hope that your next skinny day is just around the corner...
No comments:
Post a Comment