Friday, April 22, 2011

Circus Circus

I am convinced that this baby is either going to be an acrobat or a break dancer. Either way it is preparing for it's future career in the womb. I sometimes wonder when it ever sleeps...because when I'm trying to go to bed is when booboo seems to be the busiest. When I tell my kids at school that the baby is dancing they ask questions like: 'Does it hurt?' and 'What does it feel like?'. I always laugh because of course it doesn't hurt but to be honest--the sensation is really hard to describe. Sometimes the baby moves so distinctly that I yelp in surprise. And sometimes it really doesn't feel all that great. Shifts like those leave me wondering...what are you doing down there?
I've also started to distinguish one body part for another. A couple of days ago the baby and I were definitely pushing each other back and forth...my finger to it's hand. It was incredible. An elbow or a shoulder is usually easy to clue in on just because of how sharp it is. My personal favorite is the little bum. Booboo loves to stick it's butt out on the left side of my belly button and I always pat it and say something weird and mommy-ish like "look at your little bottom...it's the cutest little butt I've ever seen."
Trying to explain moments like this to it's daddy has been hard as most of the time when booboo is moving the most is when Matt is out of reach. Either that or the minute that he puts his hand on my belly the baby instantly calms down and Matt is probably wondering what in the heck I was talking about in the first place. That is--until the other night. We were laying in bed and he put his hand on my belly for a half an hour. The baby was doing the usual moving and shaking and Matt was finally able to feel from the outside just how many flip turns it does per minute. He was amazed and I could see it in his face that he finally got what I had been talking about all along. This is one busy baby!!!
Besides the constant companionship of my newest best friend I also love the reminder that everything down there is going okay. It seemed like the first 12 weeks dragged on and on with me wondering if the baby was safe, but these days...I have a constant reminder. Cirque De Soleil, here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment