Sunday, April 3, 2011

Baby Bump--Week 24

To say out loud that I'm 6 months pregnant is quite fun. Even though I always knew it would happen eventually--it still seems surreal. I'm carrying around this kicking, moving, 1 1/2 pound being but sometimes I still look in the mirror and am surprised by what I see.
In fact, I was shopping the other day and as usual...could find NOTHING in the maternity section. Those damn clothes are either enormous or ugly. OR a pair of jeans is $35. No offense, but I think it's crazy to spend more than 30 dollars on a regular size pair of jeans...let alone maternity. Sorry Old Navy, I'll have to pass on your huge, expensive jeans that I'll only wear for another 4 months. Because of my lack of luck in the maternity section I wandered over to the regular people part and found myself picking up these really cute dresses for summer...size XS. I practically hit myself on the forehead in the store when I remembered---DUH, I can no longer wear this stuff. And out the door I went...shopping for maternity clothes is a lonely adventure, I tell you.
Besides the belly, things are getting more real around here. The nursery is all but finished and since my momma is throwing me a shower this upcoming weekend things from Babies 'R' Us have been showing up at our door. We now have the pack and play, bassinet and umbrella stroller all sitting in our garage. The OCD part of me wants to set them up now...but I can only imagine how creepy it would seem to have the bassinet in our room 4 months prior to a child. Another real and scary thing is that apparently at this point I need to be aware of signs of pre-term labor. Hmmm...this does not sound like fun research. Even if I did know I'm certain that all that info would go out the door once something seemed off and all that would ensue is a lot of panic and tears from me. Let's just hope we have nothing to worry about any time soon.
Anyway--here I am! All 6 months of me and the booboo.

No comments:

Post a Comment