Sunday, April 17, 2011

Baby Bump--Week 26

I've been taking all of the recent comments with a grain of salt...which is apparently a skill that new mommies need in their repertoire. That among many others. Lately I have been taking the good with the bad...such as: in the same day a woman (again!) asked me if I was having twins and not even an hour later a very nice man asked me if I was going into my second trimester. I said, "no...actually I'm about to be in my third." And with genuine (or at least I'd like to think so) shock he said, "WOW--you look great! You must be one of the lucky ones that only grow a bump but stay the same every where else." I practically jumped the counter and hugged him. What a sweet, sweet thing to say...even if he was lying. So I have learned to laugh off the 'twins' comments and take to heart the compliments. What else is there to do?
Today marks the start of my spring break. I am hoping to get a lot of sun and even do some prancing around in my bikini. My spirit isn't that broken!! I will still strut this beautiful bump in the sun and hopefully I'll get more compliments than rude comments. Not that I'm counting...

No comments:

Post a Comment