Yesterday someone at work (that I actually like and respect) asked me again if I was suuuure I wasn't having twins. I mean--REALLY.
What makes people say crap like that?? Would you like it if I asked you if YOU were having twins? What else could that possibly imply except for---'you look larger than I think you should'. So not only does this incite anger in me but also panic as my mind starts racing and I start to wonder---'am I having twins???? We'll need to register all over again...two of everything!! I won't be able to work, I'll have to hire a team of people to get me through the first year! We'll be poor, tired and ragged!'.
I just don't understand women and their ability to demean pregnant women. These are just some of the gems that I've heard since I announced my growing bundle in my belly:
"I'm just not used to seeing you like this--you're normally so thin!"
"You're really popping out today! You must have grown at least another inch since yesterday!"
"I hope you are enjoying life now because look out...it's only going to get worse from here."
"Take a good look at your feet...that is the last time they will ever be cute."
"I can't wait until your house isn't perfect any more---the baby is going to ruin everything!"
I mean C'mon People!!!!!! This is just rude. Are you under some type of delusion that I'm not aware of all of the changes that not only my is body going through but also my entire life?? Did you think that I envisioned pregnancy and raising a child to be nothing but butterflies, roses and laughter at every turn?
For the life of me, I really cannot wrap my head around women's constant need to see the negative in everything. Just tell me I look pretty and MOVE ON. Ugh.
And just so you know...I'm the epitome of pregnant fitness and health. My doctor said I'm measuring perfectly and the nice nurse lady told me that "other pregnant women would be jealous of my weight." So there!!!!!
That is all.
No comments:
Post a Comment