I've been kind of on an emotional roller coaster this week. I can't quite pinpoint why but it feels like I'm PMSing...although obviously I'm not. And I have some things to say...
Things like..."wow, you're really popping out there", "look at your little pooch!", "you're just having one, right?", and "oh my gosh look at your belly (and then rubbing it)" are NOT in any way shape or fashion compliments. I'm afraid that the next person that says something slightly insensitive to me might get their head bitten off.
There are really only a few things you should say to a pregnant woman and they go more like this..."you're glowing!", "you look so pretty today", "motherhood is really treating you well", or "you are the most adorable pregnant person I've ever seen".
Those types of statements could only be met with a smile and a thank you. "Your belly is big" might get you smacked. Just sayin'.
Because of all of the unwanted comments I've gotten this week I've realized a few things:
1. No woman's body reacts the same way to diets, workouts, etc. Why would we react the same to pregnancy?? We don't. And comparing your body to someone else's pregnant body does no one any good.
2. I'm growing a human inside of me!! Leave me alone if you aren't going to say something completely fabulous about how well I'm doing.
3. I look damn cute. As far as I know I'm doing all of the right things. So what if my bump is a little bigger than other people's?? I literally have no where for this baby to go but out.
So there...
Seriously? Your belly is not big. You DO look totally adorable and anyone that says otherwise is just jealous of how cute your pregnancy self really is. And that's the TRUTH!!! :-)
ReplyDelete