Saturday, February 12, 2011

#1 of Many

Well there is a first time for everything. Baby's first race...mommy's first non-running race. A whole 1.4 miles...I don't know how I survived! It was either that or a 14k (which I've done the last two years) and this body can't go 9 miles any more. So 1.4 it was. It was fun to do and a great memory to make. I didn't get nearly the reaction I was hoping for with my homemade sweatshirt. Maybe the other participants were too delirious from running 9 miles to notice. Either way, I was proud to sport the bump and the crafty shirt. And I even got a medal for all of my efforts! Although this was the inaugural race for the booboo, this will NOT be the last. Maybe next time I'll find a 5k...oh my, how times have changed.


1 comment:

  1. Well I think your hoodie is just adorable!!! Hope you had fun! You are just too cute :)

    ReplyDelete