Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Hi Everyone!

Well one good thing about being sick and vulnerable is that when you are at the doctor's office people tend to feel bad for you...particularly if you are pregnant. So when I went to my OB's today I made sure to milk it for all it's worth. After they 'quarantined' me from the waiting room they must have been feeling a mild case of guilt. Case in point: the doctor was having a hard time getting a read on the baby's heartbeat today. She said that it was because the baby was moving around so much. She said that she could hear it but that it was muffled. Well this does nothing to soothe my already emotional state. She said..."I can tell this is stressing you out." I answered truthfully and said...yes, it is! So she gave me one of those winks and said she'd get the ultrasound tech to give me a special look. Oh man, my weepy eyes must have worked at just the right moment!! (why does that never work with my husband??) So I was blessed enough to have an extra ultrasound today. The baby is perfectly perfect!! Booboo was laying down for the ultrasound--probably pooped from all that moving around it did 4 minutes earlier--so we didn't get to see a full frontal. But we were able to see the beating heart, brain, spine, arm, face and A HAND!! I don't know why the hand excites me so much but I just literally cannot believe that I not only have a little person inside of me but that it has hands...real live hands!! Booboo was practically waving at me...probably apologizing for causing me a brief moment of heart palpitations.
So here is your first look at the booboo. Even though it's a shot from under the belly you can tell she/he is saying HELLO WORLD!! See you in July!!

PS...I have NO idea why I have been calling the baby 'booboo' lately. I decided that since we aren't finding out the sex (yes, shock!) we had to find a nickname for the baby. We can't go around for the next 6 months calling it IT. So booboo came out of my mouth one day and here it is. The other option was poo-pop which Matt has been calling it. Like I said, don't ask. We are weird.


2 comments:

  1. SSSooooooo cute and exciting! Love the ultrasound pic. Glad you are feeling better. Keep keeping us posted. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're not finding out the sex?! That is a shocker!!

    ReplyDelete