Anyway...here is the bump shot this week. I have come to realize that this is the most photographs I've allowed in the winter since circa 2000 when I was too drunk and loving college life to care about getting my picture taken. I'm not a winter picture person...as my paleness usually consumes me. My baby will know the sacrifices I've made for him/her!!
Sunday, February 13, 2011
Baby Bump--Week 17
It has officially begun...the unauthorized touching of the stomach. If my count is correct, I'm up to 4 of these in just the last week. Granted, the gropes are not from strangers at the grocery store (which I'm told will happen). They are from people that I know--but who do not have the clearance for belly fondling without permission. I'm amazed at people sometimes. Other people's pregnancy is clearly the time for women of all ages to relive their own. This comes in all forms: advice, horror stories, child-rearing tips, and BUMP GRABBING. They must feel the urge to check your status out in the best way they know how...by feeling. Even though I am never offended when it happens, I'm always surprised. Why do women (and it's always women) do this? We should have much more couth when it comes to a topic so sensitive such as pregnancy. It really baffles me. I have vowed several times never to place my unique experience on other women...I hope I succeed.
Anyway...here is the bump shot this week. I have come to realize that this is the most photographs I've allowed in the winter since circa 2000 when I was too drunk and loving college life to care about getting my picture taken. I'm not a winter picture person...as my paleness usually consumes me. My baby will know the sacrifices I've made for him/her!!

Anyway...here is the bump shot this week. I have come to realize that this is the most photographs I've allowed in the winter since circa 2000 when I was too drunk and loving college life to care about getting my picture taken. I'm not a winter picture person...as my paleness usually consumes me. My baby will know the sacrifices I've made for him/her!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
At least you are pregnant and getting a belly rub. I was at school about two weeks ago and I got a belly rub from a retired teacher. I guess it was the way I was standing and the shirt I was wearing, but she came up and said are you pregnant with that sly little grin. I just had to laugh about it! You are beautiful pale and all! Winter is suppose to bring about our paleness :)
ReplyDeleteYou look beautiful! Tan or no tan!!! LOVE the growing belly! :-)
ReplyDelete