In my little old opinion--I have learned that there are just some things that pregnant people can't live without (or shouldn't, anyway).
Since this is all new to me I had no idea what I would be needing...but here is my list:
1. a body pillow. I don't know about others...but I was unable to sleep on my stomach somewhere around my 9th week. This was a horrible travesty considering I've been a stomach sleeper all my life. I really didn't think it would be possible to make the transition to the side. However, the body pillow makes it all worth it. Much to Matt's dismay, the body pillow is a mainstay in our bed these days...leaving less and less room for him. I hug it every night and it makes sleeping on my side tolerable.
2. rubber bands. At some point your cute skinny jeans that you wear each Friday are no longer going to button. This is where the rubber band comes in. I found them most useful on pants that I probably could button but it just wasn't very comfy. Just loop the rubber band around the button and the hole and wha-la...your pants are wearable again (for at least another week or so).
3. a B Band (from Target). This little gem I heard mixed reviews about. Some fellow bumpers loved it, some not so much. I was hesitant to spend the 15 dollars on it and decided to just stick with the rubber band. But...at some point your pants will need either a much larger rubber band or you just might have to cave and buy the B Band. It's basically this tight band that goes around your growing belly and keeps your pants up. It might not sound like much (and it doesn't look like much either)...but this wonderful thing has saved several pairs of pants for me. I found that this device comes in most handy on pants that are about an inch or so away from buttoning. If you are like me...everything else on the jeans will fit you except for the belly. So the B Band is the way to go. If you aren't ready for maternity pants yet, buy the band...and if it doesn't work out you can just send it my way because I'm getting tired of washing mine every other day.
4. long tank tops. Again...if you are anything like me your belly is the least of your worries. It's the boobs that are causing the most grief. I say this to people and they just laugh...but I'm serious: my boobs have taken on a life of their own. They are so f-ing enormous that I really don't know what to do with them. THEY are the reason that my shirts don't fit. The belly is cute...the boobs are porn star. Because of this predicament I have found that my shirts are way too short. As one of my darlings pointed out to me today: "Mrs. O your belly is showing." Yes!! It's because half of my shirt is now covering my lady lumps!!! So the longer the tank or shirt the better. You need more material now, ladies!
5. leggings. If you didn't love them before...you will. There are many days that I wake up just wanting to wear sweat pants. I do not think that my principal would appreciate this so I suck it up, put my dress pants on secured with a B band and go on my merry way. But leggings are a good alternative to this. They are comfy, don't zip or button and look cute anyway. I anticipate wearing them straight to July 23rd. They are on my shopping list to buy several more pairs...as I am also getting tired of washing these lovelies.
Well that is my list for now. I'm sure as I make my way through the months I will come to need several more items. I will keep you updated as needed...
On another note...I have finally felt the booboo!! I have been told that you can start to feel the baby during week 16 but most women don't until week 20. I'm going to be 18 on Saturday so I wasn't stressing. Then this past weekend I felt something that I can only describe as being extremely close to gas. I actually dismissed it as a rumbling in my belly and went on with my day. But the next day...and each day after that...I've felt the same thing: not gas. It feels like a little release in my lower abdomen. Some people describe it as a 'flutter' or 'a roller coaster ride' but I don't know if that's what it felt like for me. Last night Matt and I were watching tv and I screamed...I can feel the baby!!!! Then I made him be quiet while I just sat there waiting for more. It's a crazy thing. Very crazy. But very awesome. I feel it most when I've calmed down and have just eaten. This combo must really get booboo's dancing shoes on! I can't wait for the day when Matt will be able to feel it on his own. I've got a mover and a shaker on my hands already!
No comments:
Post a Comment