Saturday, February 19, 2011

Lookin' Like a Fool with Your Pants on the Ground

So last night I did something that I've been dreading. I did something really brave. I tried on EVERY single pair of my pants...and put them into categories. I must also tell you that I did this after eating an entire basket of tortilla chips, salsa and bean dip. Smart? Not likely. But whatever...
I had been getting pretty frustrated in the mornings when I was picking out what to wear for the day. I am an indecisive outfit picker-outer anyway but the new belly has really put me into a tailspin. If you don't know what pants you can wear...how can you begin to formulate a decent looking ensemble? It's nearly impossible and downright annoying at 5:45 in the morning. A couple of weeks ago I thought to myself: I really need to go through my pants. But this is easier said that done. Who in their right mind (pregnant or not) wants to try on 30+ pairs (yes, I apparently have a lot of clothes) of their pants in one sitting? So I avoided this task until last night. I was coming home from a Mexican happy hour, Matt was off to play basketball and I was left with some hours to myself. Should I take the plunge???
I don't know what tempted me but I dove right in, feet first--literally. I made three piles: can button, B band, and NOPE. Believe it or not, I do have some pants that I can still button. I was a smart gal and saved some nice pairs from my bloated college days. Those pants will last me for a few more weeks hopefully. The pairs that I need a B band for I am going to need to wear within the next month because they will quickly move to the next pile...the NOPE pile...which I think speaks for itself.
It was an interesting way to spend a Friday night. Sober, alone and trying on every pair of pants I've ever bought. I don't recommend it...but at least the daunting task is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment