Monday, February 7, 2011

Oink Oink

Getting sick is one thing...getting sick while you are pregnant is quite another. I am currently running a 100 degree fever and have been diagnosed with 'most likely' the swine flu. What??? I thought that was a thing of 2010.
A year ago I might have thought it was comical...but this year I'm not finding it funny at all. I don't care much about me--but I'm worried about the booboo. Having a fever while pregnant is not an ideal situation. Thankfully my temp hasn't risen above 102 (really frightening) and I have a regularly scheduled OB appointment tomorrow so I can rest easy that the baby isn't being affected by my yucky illness. I know that the baby is most likely fine...but I can't help of think of the 'what ifs'.
What if my fever is hurting the baby?
What if the baby is sick, too?
What if my incessant coughing is rattling the baby?
Are they sure that Tylenol is okay to take?
What if I don't get better?
These are not fun questions. If it were just me...I would pound some TheraFlu and be done with it. Unfortunately--there isn't much a lady with a belly can do about being sick besides taking Tylenol, drinking a lot and laying around...which I've been doing plenty of.
Another unfortunate situation is that I have to take my much needed sick days...which are supposed to be for maternity leave. Doesn't the universe know that I'm not supposed to get sick??
I haven't had a fever in a few years and I've completely forgot how un-fun it is. I really feel for all of us sickies out there. Winter, winter go away...bring me back my spring and healthy living!

No comments:

Post a Comment