Although motherhood is the most difficult job on the planet...it is also the most rewarding. I can't tell you how many times I look into Zoey's eyes and feel my own tearing up at just the mere sight of her. I am constantly in awe of this little tiny being that I helped to make. I still sometimes cannot get over the fact that I carried her inside of me for 10 months, birthed her and continue to be the sole provider of nourishment for her. What an awesome responsibility. It is enough to blow your mind--or at least mine anyway.
The other day I was asked by a group of older mommies about how I'm enjoying being at home with Zoey. I could think of no other response but..."Ladies, it's hard as hell!". They all erupted in laughter and commended me on my honesty. I don't know why we moms are always pressured to answer--"Oh, it's the greatest time of my life!". I mean really. Yes of course having Zoey in my life is the most amazing thing in the world and I would not trade it for anything. But damn, it's not easy being a momma.
On one of our many walks this week with Grandma we chatted about the hardships of being a wife and mother. It is such a job that even it if was explained to you--you would never fully understand unless you went through it. I think that is why people are so unprepared for parenthood (myself included). It is not something that you can relate to people who are not a mother yet--it is only something to be experienced. It is without a doubt the job of all jobs.
It's moments like these, and many others, that make it all worth the long days, sleepless nights and constant smell of breastmilk on your shirt. It may be hard, but I am one lucky gal.
Ah yes, so not easy. But so wonderful too that you keep having more and more babies. :-) I am sure you are not even thinking about that right now though! Enjoy every precious moment with that sweet girl though. Soon you will look back and wonder where the time went. Chyler turned a year and half old today and I am not really sure where the days and months went. Seems just yesterday I was having many sleepless nights with her.
ReplyDeleteZoey is so precious...soak it all up! And take full advantage of Grandma being there. Having done it on my own with two and no family nearby, I know what you mean when you talk about having Grandma there to help. It is bliss!! :-)