Unfortunately neither of our parents live close by. Mine are 9 hours away in Ohio and Matt's are 4 hours away in Lexington, VA. Not the most ideal situation when a grandchild is involved...especially with first time grandparents (for my side) and the first granddaughter (for Matt's side). Both sets are dying not being able to see Zoey grow on a daily basis.
Thankfully, we have started what I'd like to think of as "Grandma Vacations". My mom is here for a week and it has been so incredibly wonderful that I'm secretly plotting how to kidnap her to stay forever. Not only is it priceless to have an extra set of hands...but grandmas do so many wonderful things it's almost like being on vacation. My mom has taken both of us girls shopping, grocery shopped, made dinner each night, bought little treats in the mornings and basically just given myself a sense of calm that I had been missing ever since she left the first week. It is really invaluable to have her here I can't even explain it. I am able to have a little bit more freedom this week that I had been missing in my life. For example, I am able to dress without worrying about a crying child---I can go for a run by myself---I can take a shower for longer than 4 minutes---and I can write my blog in peace, too! Such things that I had previously taken for granted pre-baby.
On Saturday when my mom leaves I'm sure there will be tears all around...from all three of us girls. I will be on my own again next week for Matt's official first week back to school and I'm really not looking forward to it. This equals long days for mommy and Zoey just waiting for daddy to come home.
Until then...we are still enjoying the company of Grandma and as you can tell by the picture--Zoey is completely enamored.
No comments:
Post a Comment