A few things I've come to realize...
1. I have a new view of my body. Sure, I would love to easily lose the last 9 pounds that I have left but honestly I don't really care as much as I thought. My body is amazing--it made, birthed and is now feeding a baby. If that's not a freaking miracle I don't know what is. 9 pounds has nothing on me.
2. Seeing Zoey smile at me in recognition first thing in the morning melts my heart. There is literally nothing like it and I hope she never grows too old to smile at her mommy.
3. I could care LESS about work. I thought I would miss the comradery of my co-workers, the kids funny quirks and feeling "worthy" because I have a career. F that. I have mild panic attacks when I even imagine my first day back at work. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night in a sweat just thinking about it. How can I leave my baby with someone else? I tear up just at the mere suggestion. I am not ready for that. Not at all. Besides--being a mommy is the most worthy of all jobs.
4. I could have ice cream morning, noon and night. Whatever happened to my hormones during birth messed with my taste buds, too. I don't care for real food--I just want a milk shake.
5. Although I have a new respect for my bod there is nothing like putting on an old pair of jeans and fitting into them. I put on a pair of my favorite skinny jeans the other day and when they buttoned with only a slight effort I seriously jumped for joy. Getting my wardrobe back (even slowly) is an ego boost for sure.
6. I have turned into a person that has absolutely no qualms talking about bodily functions or other gross topics. Having a baby takes all that out the window and things that used to freak me out have become the norm. I talk about breastfeeding and pumping like it's second nature and will break out a full analysis of Zoey's diapers at the drop of a hat. Believe me, once an entire room has seen you not only naked but spread eagle popping a child out you will no longer care about anything regarding modesty.
7. I am a total waterworks machine. Anything remotely sentimental on TV turns into tears for this gal. The Dolphin Tale movie promos? Tears. St. Jude's commercials? Tears. Bethenny Frankel having a baby (even though I had seen it before!)? Tears. I am a complete sap.
8. Talking with other moms about "mom" stuff makes me feel normal. Oh your kid cries inconsolably for no reason just when you're sitting down to eat? Your boobs leak at the most inopportune time? You're trying to figure out how the hell to get your baby on a 'schedule'? You miss having an actual purse to carry around? You'd like to go shopping without a stroller? You'd like to go out drinking like the good ol' days without waking up to feed an infant with questionable breast milk? ME TOO!!
9. Bath time has become one of my favorite times. Zoey is just so happy once she's in her towel all warm and clean. Matt wraps her up so good, talks sweet to her and these are some of the moments that I remember again that I have it great. How can you not love a face (and a Buddha belly) like this?
No comments:
Post a Comment