Wednesday, August 17, 2011

We Heart Daddy

There is truly nothing better than seeing your husband with your child...even more so when it's your daughter. In fact I don't even know if I can fully explain how completely wonderful it is to see them together. I have fallen for him all over again it seems...another unexpected blessing of parenthood.
Although I nannied for years and years, Matt had limited experiences with babies. I'm sure he could have counted the dirty diapers he'd changed on one hand and certainly never was given the task of getting a crying child to sleep. But as I suspected when we first met, he is a natural father and everything seems to come very easy to him. He's patient, sweet, loving and a very good napping partner for Miss Zoey (Matt has secretly been searching for a good napping partner his whole life.). It could be my imagination but we both seem to light up when Matt comes home from work. I know that for me--any small anxiety the day had brought melts away and Zoey perks up at his voice right away. Having our daddy home just makes everything better.
This is how I found them just minutes ago...the likeness is plain old scary.


No comments:

Post a Comment