Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Hi, My Name is Zoey...I'm a Milkaholic

She. Won't. Stop. Eating.
I know that I should take this as a good sign...and believe me I do. She is a very good eater and apparently she loves what I'm brewing over here. But it seems that every other night she literally wants to eat in hour intervals--which is waaaaaay more that I can handle. I'm beginning to think that she has a milk-obsession. One that I hope dies down soon or this momma is going to go crazy. It's one thing to get used to breastfeeding...it's another to be a slave to it--which I am. I am also a slave to the Boppy which I feel like I should just strap to me all day long. On a bright note...I am becoming very good friends with my couch, rocker and white chair in our bedroom. We spend looooots of time together. Thankfully they are quite comfy.
Speaking of Milkaholics...I hear mine now--beckoning me. It's a good thing she is so freaking cute. Here is Miss Crabby pants...thirsty again.

1 comment:

  1. I PROMISE you it does get better. In the beginning when you are feeding on demand it is so exhausting and overwhelming, but the good news is, this doesn't last forever. By about 5-6 weeks old, she should be able to go at least 3 hours between feedings. Have you tried nursing just on one side fully per feeding? This might help to empty that side completely and ensure that she is getting lots of hind milk, which is the full fat stuff (whole milk) :-), the stuff that will keep her belly full for longer. It will get better though and even though you probably feel like a slave to nursing now, it does get much easier. :-) Thinknng about you. I will be in your shoes very soon. Fun times! :-)

    ReplyDelete