Saturday, July 16, 2011

Baby Bump--39 Weeks

I would like you all to know that I have recovered (for the most part) from my hysterics the other day and have since faced the world with a new attitude. My first step was to remember that I'm not the only one in this whole shebang in the first place. It's clear that booboo isn't ready to greet the universe yet and I just have to be patient. I also remembered that I have a lifetime to be a parent...only a few more days left of being a non-child-having person. A little bit of perspective never hurt anyone, I guess.
My next step was to take myself to the beach for a few hours...by myself...during which I engaged in a lot of reading and people watching. 2 of my very favorite things. Now that I am relatively calm I have a new sense of purpose. I even held it together at my doctor's appointment yesterday when it seemed that my progress--or lack thereof--was minimal. It appears that my physical state is enviable of most 39 week preggos and that I should count myself lucky. This was a hard pill to swallow but I guess I will take that as a compliment. Apparently I'm just 'too comfortable' to give off the impression that I'm anywhere close to giving birth. I have resigned myself to the fact that I will not be having this baby any time soon and have since been quasi normal...if you can imagine.
No more tears have left these ducts and I am planning on being with my family for part of my favorite week of the year. Matt and I basically decided that my mental state is far more fragile than my physical state and I should be fine for a few days of relaxing at the beach. It would be far more detrimental for me to stay at home--most likely pouting the day away while I imagine all that I'm missing out on. We are prepared to rush home at any given moment but I really don't think booboo is making a debut for at least another week...if not more. Such is life! Being the OCD planner that I am--this is just one of the many lessons I have to learn about becoming a parent. Planning is a thing of the past--we just have to roll with the punches.
As a side bar--I'd like to report that I have been pregnant for 273 days. This also makes me feel better because I realized that 273 days of anything might drive a person insane. Sooo...there you have it.
In other non-baby related news--the back deck is finished thanks to my sweet hubby and it looks fabulous. Even the outside of our house is ready for the baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment