Monday, May 16, 2011

The Civil War

I have become a total stress ball in the last 48 hours. I am not a fan of this.
I felt like a freight train hit me yesterday morning when I started thinking about things of this nature:
Setting up interviews for pediatricians.
Setting up interviews for the potential back up babysitter.
Birthing plan.
Maternity leave forms.
Rounding up sick leave so that we don't end up in the poor house.
Parents visiting--who, when, where, how long, etc.
My hips that I can feel expanding by the minute.
My registry--specifically the things we still need.
And last but certainly not least...how a baby who will be circa 7 or 8 pounds is ever going to make it's way out of my hoo-ha. Ouch.

Things like this can get to a girl. Especially a girl who is jacked up on all sorts of hormones she's not used to, carrying around an undisclosed amount of extra weight, and who's closet is getting smaller and smaller by the day. I was very close to a severe mental and physical breakdown...just ask my sweet husband.
It might be a small victory--but I'm feeling much better after a walk with a friend that I had been missing, a healthy dinner with the hubs, and a revamp of our baby registry (at least as far as the jogger is concerned).
You would never know it...but decisions like baby monitors and jogging strollers take a lot of research, asking around and a lot of mulling over said decision. I nearly had an aneurysm thinking about our baby jogger (and the worst part is I can't even run yet--what a tease). Our first stroller that I had been dreaming about (the BOB) cost almost $500. After it got zero hits on our registry for a couple of months I figured it was time to make a change. Do I really need a super expensive stroller, anyway? I caved and decided the answer was no. So after much research, I finally found one that I feel good about for only 200...and it's compatible with our car seat that we already have (uber important). It might seem like an insignificant win in the battle for baby preparedness...but I'm feeling pretty good about it.
Jogging Stroller--0. Sarah--1.

1 comment:

  1. Those registries should come with a warning stating that they: "Are guaranteed to cause a breakdown." I've never known a pregnant woman to survive it without one. They should give you a free day at the spa for the trouble!
    As far as the BOB stroller, I feel your pain. We went through the same thing. However I got very lucky, Rob was not happy with the jogger we were given (he used to work in a bicycle shop so he has high standards apparently), and by some mix-up with our registry, we accidentally were given 2 joggers. We decided to exchange both for the BOB. But after exchanging and adding the car seat attachment deal, we still had to bite the bullet and pay some $ for it. I can tell you that we never used the attachment for the car seat. We just put a blanket under her but and that along with the fact that the stroller has an amazing 5 point harness it kept her in nice and snug as I ran the trails near our home. Of course, she was born a 10 pound baby so take that into consideration. Other than the bite out of our wallet, I have to say that the BOB stroller was the best purchase and of the best quality of anything we bought/received. On the down side, now that we are thinking about baby #2, I feel like it was too expensive. I mean, now we have to get a double stroller! So, if you are planning on having a 2nd within 3 years of your sweet Booboo, I say get the cheaper jogger and save up for the BOB double stroller. My friend has the double and that thing is amazing! Not that you can even think about #2 right now! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete