Monday, May 23, 2011

2 Things

1. I realize at this point I might be on the verge of gloating but I don't really care. Here is another picture of me on an actual hike (unlike yesterday's pic). Although this particular trail was relatively harmless, I still had to get down to the waterfall and trek through a few rocky spots. Regardless of the true 'difficulty' of the hike, it's still a win in my book for an 8 month pregnant person. And quite a nice picturesque view, don't cha think?


2. My sister said something to me today that resonated with me. I had written her an e-mail about a miscommunication with her shower gift. In truth, we were both confused...but before we figured out what the deal was I stated that I had probably goofed because I was in fact "starting to lose my mind". To which she stated: "You aren't losing your mind, you're GROWING a mind." Cheers to that, sister!! I AM growing a mind, dammit. I suppose that if I was still solving all sorts of problems, crossword puzzles and algorithms I might be more worried about the state of the brain of my unborn child. Tonight I will rest easy knowing that the baby is getting all of the brain power. Hopefully this sacrifice will someday translate into a scholarship of some kind so mommy and daddy can take a nice vacation instead of paying for full college tuition. Too much wishful thinking??


No comments:

Post a Comment