Thursday, May 26, 2011

High 5

As I was walking yesterday a very happy looking man ran past me. This happens to me all of the time and each time I want to reach out to them, snatch their shoes and run off into the sunset. Sometimes I miss running so much it hurts. So as I continued my measly walk, I compiled a mental list of some things that I can NOT wait to do when I'm not pregnant anymore...and some things that I'll miss.

Top 5 Things I Can't Wait To Do When NOT Growing a Child (in no particular order):
1. Indulge in the coldest of cold can of Diet Coke...preferably on the beach.
2. Go to my favorite sushi restaurant, Yama, and order one of everything off of the menu.
3. Run, run, run, run, run. (Do you know that I actually had to pull my running shoes out the other day because I forgot what color they are?? Sad.)
4. Enjoy a blue mountain Coors Light, straight from the cooler--with my favorite coozie (neon yellow Rodanthe surf shop)--again, preferably on the beach.
5. Sleep on my stomach!!! Such a small request...but I miss it so much.

Top 5 Things I Might Miss Slightly When I am No Longer Preggo (in no particular order):
1. Eating a hearty lunch and then going straight to the beach, bikini on--not worrying about if my stomach is poking out. Because guess what?? It's poking out, baby!
2. Maternity pants. Ever tried them out?? They are comfy, people. Really comfy.
3. Compliments from strangers or anyone else. Questionable comments are still being ignored.
4. Not weighing myself--kind of liberating, kind of scary.
5. My curvier body. Matt had long ago stopped asking where my booty went. Well it's back!! How long it will stay is still unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment