Dearest Zoey,
You are 6 months today!! Mommy can hardly believe how fast time seems to have gone. I feel like just yesterday Daddy and I were driving to the hospital (on a very bumpy road) about to meet you. I wish I had a machine that could stop time so that you would stay little for a while longer.
But you are not a tiny baby anymore! You are growing so fast and learning new things every day. You just mastered sitting up on your own this week. At first you needed help, then you could only last a few seconds...and now you can do it the entire time you are playing! You even reach for things you want and will sit back up nice and straight. Daddy and I can't believe our eyes sometimes!
You are also starting to figure out how your day works. You know just when Mommy gets home from school because you always seem to wake up from your nap then. You also seem to know when Daddy gets home because around 6:00 you start looking at the door a lot. You also have figured out how to ask to get picked up. You will make a noise and raise your hands and we know that you want to be cuddled and held. All of these things you seem to wake up one day and know already. You are so smart that we can hardly believe it! We like to imagine all of the things that you will be when you grow up. The possibilities are endless!
You love books, your red crabby and bouncing in your new jumper. You really like to throw things and giggle when Mommy and Daddy have to pick them up off the floor. You aren't eating any food yet but we can tell that you want to. You love to sit with us at dinner and try to grab for our forks. You even like to go with us on our sushi dates! I think you are going to get your first taste of food this weekend. I am sure that we will be taking a lot of pictures of your first experience. I bet it will be messy!
So far in your 6 months you have developed quite the personality! You are a very sweet and loving little girl. You love to nuzzle in Mommy and Daddy's neck and you give the best hugs in the world. You are very laid back like your Daddy. You don't get worked up over much and take changes in stride--even when your schedule changes. You are very contemplative like Mommy. You take your time getting to know new people and new things. You are very observant and watchful. You are a perfect mix of the both of us!
You also look a lot like us. You have Mommy's big eyes (although yours are a beautiful color blue) and her tiny ears. You have Daddy's hair color and feet. You are gorgeous and we get compliments on you all of the time! Everyone always wants to meet our pretty baby.
I want to tell you that you have changed my life. There is a song that I like that says..."I know a girl--she puts the color inside of my world." Every time I hear that part I always smile and think of you. You seem to make everything about being alive better. You make me laugh louder, smile wider and love deeper. You have even made Mommy and Daddy better as a couple. We are such a great team, the three of us. On weekdays after Daddy gets home we like to have a dance party and giggle while we give you a bath. Sometimes I get to step back and watch it happen like a movie. It always makes me cry a little bit. When I see you dancing with Daddy and smiling it makes my insides glow. We are luckier than I ever imagined.
I can't tell you how excited I am to see you keep growing. You have done so much in the past 6 months that I can't imagine what the next 6 will bring. It is always an adventure!
I love you my little Monkey Mama,
Mommy
PS...You can hardly see your 6 Months sticker because you were trying to grab it and eat it the whole time I was trying to take your picture! Silly girl.
PS...You can hardly see your 6 Months sticker because you were trying to grab it and eat it the whole time I was trying to take your picture! Silly girl.
She is soooo cute! Those eyes are just captivating!!! I know you must be totally in love!!!
ReplyDelete