Zoey will be 6 months in a week and a half (which I seriously can NOT believe), and although mommy's 'holding her back' in the food department--she's shining in all other areas of development. That girl amazes me each and every day. Even Maggie, our babysitter (although that term seems trite compared to what she really means to us!), said that in just the short time over Christmas that she didn't see her, Zoey had learned so much. She picks up on new things so quickly if you literally blink, you will miss it. In just this past week sweet Z has gone from a 1 second sit up to about 30 seconds on her own. It is amazing!! And what started off as mommy playing peek-a-boo and Zoey laughing has turned into Zoey initiating it. She takes a blanket or a book, holds it over her face until you say..."where's Zoey?" and then she takes it off and giggles. How freaking cute is that?? Doesn't get much better, people. Doesn't get much better.
It appears that not only am I raising quite possibly the cutest kid on the planet, but also the smartest. I know that all moms feel that way...but I think I've got a leg up with my little Z.
My horoscope today basically told me to stop being grumpy about a situation that you can't change (ummm, working anyone??) and instead to count my blessings and relish in the small moments. Amen to that. I strive to do that every day! And this, my friends, is a little tidbit of my life and a small moment that just means the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment