Sunday, January 22, 2012

Bucket List

I was running early this morning and thinking of the rest of my day.  When will I fit in the laundry, vacuuming, showering, cleaning floors, etc??  Well I guess I'll fold laundry during her first nap, vacuum during her second, squeeze a shower in at some point, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH.  In my BZ (before Zoey) life those things mattered to me.  It mattered that I had a cleaning schedule and it mattered when those things got done.  It mattered that I got to watch all of my favorite TV shows.  It mattered that my nails looked nice.  It mattered that my clothes didn't have spit up on them (which BZ would mean that it would be my spit up and that's just gross).  Anyway--once you have a baby you realize that crap doesn't really matter at all.  Yes, I still like for my house to be clean.  I still like to watch Top Chef if I get the time.  And Lord what I wouldn't give to magically wake up one morning only to find that I got a manicure and a pedicure at some point during my slumber.  But all of those things are in the back seat of my life right now.  If I get to it, great--if not--I'll still live.  
Matt and I have been talking a lot about our former life.  We were remembering the days when the most important thing about the weekends was who we were going to be with and where we would be.  We would spend most of Saturday recovering from Friday night and most of Sunday recovering from Saturday.  We would think we were so effing BUSY which quite honestly makes me laugh out loud now.  Busy?  Seriously?  To think we were busy with just ourselves to worry about really makes me wonder about our state of mind.  With all of my free time BZ I now wish I would have volunteered more, gotten my masters degree or written that children's book that I've been meaning to get underway.  How in the world did we ever think we were busy???  
My point is, I guess, is that my 'bucket list' has changed dramatically AZ (after Zoey, of course).  She has helped me see that what is important was right in front of my face all along...family--not if all of the laundry is folded and put away.
And speaking of life AZ, here is my little bucket head right now.  Because that's what we O's do on a Saturday nowadays.  I guess it does still matter who I'm with and where I am.


No comments:

Post a Comment