Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Post-Christmas Blues

I read somewhere that yesterday is the "most depressing day of the year" across the country.  Huhlo--it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out.  After Thanksgiving, the antipication of Christmas and all that the holiday brings...then a nice long break from work spent with family and friends I imagine that everyone was feeling more than a little blue yesterday.  I definitely had some tears on Monday night after I put Zoey to sleep.  It was SUCH a nice break being with her all day long that the thought of leaving in the morning was more than I could bear.  I can't believe that the holidays went by so quickly.  I guess that is what happens with you are having so much fun.
I have always joked that I have a bit of Seasonal Affective Disorder because I dispise the winter months so much.  I can't think of two things I dislike more than being cold and in the dark at 5:00.  It's just so darn depressing.  Now that my sweet Z is here I dispise the winter even more.  I can't even tell you how ready I am for summer to get here.  My days are a constant countdown to the weekend--and ultimately to summer.  June 15th can not get here soon enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment