Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Story Telling

I just have a few gems to share...
1. Today I went to the doctor for my last 'non internal' visit. We chatted about the baby's position (head down, butt up), what's in my hospital bag (comfy clothes, cute going home outfit for the baby, lanolin) and then I asked her a question that maybe I should have just left unanswered. I said, "If July 23rd comes and goes, what will the plan of action be?". I was looking for a swift induction or "Oh dear, we would never let you go past your due date!" but I was sadly mistaken. The answer I got was instead that they would most likely have me go to 41 1/2 weeks before they schedule an induction. So then I said..."you'll let me go into August??" and she just smiled and shrugged. I told her this did nothing to ease my birthing/labor fears but she offered little condolences. Ugh.
2. Because of this, I decided to console myself at the grocery store. Since I have a good 4-6 weeks on my hands--I purchased a large box of popsicles, fudgesicles and mini Snickers ice cream bars. They will not last past July 23rd...and hopefully neither will I.
3. Last night Matt and I packed our hospital bags together. It was great to get that out of the way but even better to talk about the baby in REAL terms. We picked out his/her first official outfit and went with a cute onesie complete with an alligator on it with sunglasses. I also have all the necessary toiletries, kleenex, lanolin, swaddling blanket and anything else I could think of. It was super cute to see my hubby packing his new 'daddy bag' that he got for Father's Day from my sister. He made sure to have a change of clothes, diapers and wipes...even a 'snuggle blanket' as he called it. What a cute daddy and the baby isn't even here yet!
4. Although I've pretty much been nesting my entire life due to my OCD and incessant need for order...I've kicked it into overdrive since I've been home for the summer. There is literally no drawer or closet that isn't completely sifted through and organized. It's the little things in life that make me happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment