Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Growing Pains

I don't know if it's my superb organizing skills, my strong motherly instincts or my frighteningly large belly but this momma is READY for her baby to get here. I realize I have a little over 5 weeks until my actual due date but I would not in anyway be scared or nervous if the baby came--oh, let's say--today.
The nursery is ready and has been for weeks. The car seat is in the car. The bassinet is in our bedroom. The diapers and wipes have been purchased. I've been nesting nearly my entire life. And my bag is almost packed (on the to-do list for this weekend). Not once have I felt "oh no, stay in there--I'm not ready for you to come out yet!" as I know that a lot of mothers do.
Instead, I'm ready and excited to see this little one's face, get to know the ins and outs of parenthood with Matt and establish some type of new life 'routine' that won't make the three of us crazy. I've been waiting for this new stage for almost two years and now that the end is near--I'm growing impatient. I'm also just growing...but that is another story.

No comments:

Post a Comment