Sunday, June 26, 2011

Baby Bump--Week 36

First of all, I'd like to reiterate that pregnancy does NOT last 9 months like they have always pretended it does. This was one of the major shockers that I learned only a few years ago. Does 9 months sound better??? I'm not sure...but it's definitely 10 months. So ladies, in case you are thinking about embarking on this journey--carve out a solid 10 months in your plan books (or in my case--potentially 10 months, one week and a few days). I'm tired of movies and books continuing to portray it as an easy 36 weeks. This just confuses the population and gives us young gals hope. I'm at 9 months and although there is a light at the end of this tunnel--I'm not there yet. Just sayin'.
Another fun fact of the week is that I've had my first set of contractions or Braxton Hicks or whatever you want to call it. On Wednesday night I awoke to a shooting sharp pain on my left side. I braced myself for a few seconds and then it sort of waned off. I thought this was odd but kind of brushed it off and tried to go back to sleep. I get those pains a lot when I'm walking so I wasn't too alarmed. However, it happened just a few minutes later. At this point I decided I should keep an eye on the time. So for an hour and a half, I had the same pain every 10 or so minutes apart. Again--I wasn't really scared or worried--just trying to figure this all out. I thought it was strange that it was only on my life side...but apparently this can happen. I know for sure that it wasn't the baby moving...and that this was something new in that it came in regular intervals. The next morning I did a little Googling only to realize what I thought was true...my body was 'practicing' for the real deal. And let me tell you--it wore me out...AND the baby. Both booboo and I were not as active as usual on Thursday. At first I was worried about the baby not moving around as much as I'm accustomed to but Matt reassured me that "the baby's little world was rocked for 90 minutes" the night before. Point well taken. I have not had that happen since and booboo is just as rambunctious as before. I guess a few contractions really can take it out of you! Can't wait for the real thing... (she says with both honesty and sarcasm).

No comments:

Post a Comment