Thursday, June 9, 2011

From the Mouth of Babes

There has been much speculation from my first graders about what I am having. It is completely devastating to them that not only do I not know--but that I'm having the baby in the summer when we won't be together. I have promised to send their parents an e-mail with all the details. One of my little girls asked if I could also include what the "baby's favorite food is" so she could bring some when she visits. Too cute.
The other morning I walked in to my desk with a card from a child on it. It was from another one of my very insightful and thoughtful girls. The front of it said "I have love for you, Mrs. O" but it's what is written on the inside that had me laughing out loud. It says..."You are going to have a boy because your belly is so round. Just saying."...complete with a picture of me and a circle for a belly. I could not get over the assuredness and sassiness of it all. I absolutely love it and will save it--especially if the baby is a boy!! Little kids are seriously the funniest people on the face of the earth.
I had another doctor's appointment yesterday. She reminded me that all of the things I've been feeling lately (peeing all the time, cramping, getting uncomfortable) were all good signs that things are progressing nicely down there. She also told me that the baby's head is basically right where my bikini line is...which explains why I pee a thousand times a day and why I feel like when I walk the baby might just drop right out at any minute. A woman at work the other day said..."Oh that's so cute, you are waddling!". I smiled but what I wanted to spit back at her was--"Nooooo...I'm just trying to keep it all in!". JUST SAYING.

No comments:

Post a Comment