Another fast-paced weekend here courtesy of my parents. After I got home from Florida on Monday night they arrived soon after on Friday afternoon for a stay here at the beach. I wish I could have given them a little more 'springy' weather but it rained and the high was about 45 the entire time...not exactly fun in the sun. But just as grandparents do--we were busy doing things all weekend. The boys planted flowers, plants and hung flags and such while we gals shopped around. I realized this week that I can no longer wear many of my work pants to school. I can fit into some but the pickings are getting slimmer and slimmer--unlike my waistline. So I caved and mom and I went and got some clothes that I can wear to work without shaming myself. We also got a super cool nightlight and a crib skirt for the nursery. So once again...the grandparents hit a home run! This little baby sure is lucky to have such great people who love it, that is for certain.
I'm feeling really tired today and finding that simple things like an afternoon of shopping or cleaning the house really take it out of me. I now consider cleaning the house a workout which I never would have done before. It's all new to me how much things change when you're growing a human inside of you!! Tough work, I tell ya.
This week should be slightly more calm...as Matt and I only have plans to celebrate my upcoming big birthday this weekend--the dreaded 3-0. I'm hoping it will come and go without much resistance from my youth. I just wish I was able to go through it with a vodka drink in my hand...oh well! There's always next year...
No comments:
Post a Comment