Monday, March 7, 2011

Baby Bump--Week 20

If you are counting you know that I'm halfway there! I am still shocked that I'm at this point and even though for the first 5 weeks I didn't know I was pregnant I still can't believe that I've made it this far. I am a very proud 20 week-er.
This past week brought on a few exciting things. #1 being that Matt was able to feel the baby for the first time. I have been thinking that the kicks and dances in my belly were getting stronger but really didn't think it was something I could feel from the outside. One day while I was watching tv I decided to chance it and put my hand there. Sure enough...I got a high five from the baby. I was so excited I didn't know what to do with myself. Matt came home later and I was sad because usually the baby's booty shaking dies down after 8ish. So I was lying in bed telling him about it when lo and behold...he could feel it, too. And since then the booboo and I have been communicating regularly through what seems like morse code.
Also today marks our big 20 week appointment when we'll get to see the baby again and get lots of pictures...even 3D! They'll measure everything and could even tell us if we are having a boy or girl but of course we don't want to know. I know you people think I'm crazy but you'll just have to wait until July!!
So here is my half-way shot. I've noticed that the bump's size depends solely on what I'm wearing and if I have the energy to stand up straight. If I've got on something that makes me look more preggo than I am I swear I get stopped by everyone in the halls at school. If not...people pretty much leave me alone. However, I have acquired the horrible habit of swaying my back at all times (as you can see by the picture). It just feels better to stand that way! But it does make the belly pop out a little bit more. My posture has never been my shining star but lately it has really take a turn for the worse. Something I need to work on.
Well we are off to see the booboo!! Hopefully the baby will give us a good head shot so we can start the debate on who he/she looks like.


No comments:

Post a Comment