Whether you came upon this blog by chance or followed me here from My 12 Vices...WELCOME!! I'm so excited to start a new blog, have new ideas and tell new stories. This blog will be much about my life...hence Tales of O. I had been brainstorming names for the blog...not wanting to pigeon hole myself with the title like I did with My 12 Vices. I had many ideas but landed on Tales of O. My last name starts with an O...and since most adults cannot pronounce my easily said (but not easily spelled) last name I'm known at work as Mrs. O. I thought Tales of O was fitting, all inclusive and also a fun play on words (tales of woe, anybody?). So there you go!
My intention with this blog is to tell the stories about life, marriage, starting a family and being a (very near) 30-something working girl in the world. My hope is to get down to the nitty gritty and give the honest stories and thoughts that most people are too scared or unwilling to say outloud. At first I scrappled with the idea because I thought to myself..."don't you want to keep your life private?" Well yes, of course I do! But here's what I keep going back to:
I have very few friends who I feel like I can have completely honest conversations with. I'm not saying we lie all the time...I just feel like a lot of women (and people in general) always tell the PC version of their life, not willing to say the things that "we aren't supposed to say". Why?? When you think about it it's so silly. On the occasions when I DO have those honest convos with those few girlfriends I always walk away feeling relieved, feeling better about myself and feeling like I'm not alone.
So if I'm going to continue to put my thoughts out there into the internet world, why not do it with complete honesty?
My pledge to you is to tell my stories, do it with truth...and try to make it entertaining all the while. Hopefully we'll all get something out of it.
Thanks for joining me on my newest journey...support is always needed!
Really? A new blog!!!! You have no idea how excited I am!!! :) I am totally a Mrs. O "groupie" and I can't wait to hear more about your growing belly and life in general. Already can't wait to meet that sweet growing baby! :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats!