Here's something fun to do while pregnant: shop for and purchase a bridesmaid dress (note the heavy sarcasm).
My darling sister is getting married on September 17th this year. This is approximately 56 days after the prospective birth of our child--but who's counting. So I have 8 weeks to get back into fighting shape before I have to stand in front of our closest friends and family of 180 people. No problemo...
To be fair, Laura's wedding was planned well in advance before the blue plus sign was seen. Things could certainly be worse...my due date could actually be September 17th. I can only imagine the pickle we would be in if that were the case. I guess we would really find out once and for all who is the favorite daughter...haha! But since I'll have the short but sweet 8 weeks, I'll just have to suck it up (or in...).
This week my newest job has been to search for, successfully find and buy a beautiful dress that will fit my questionable shape come the fall. This is not an easy task. I actually thought that I had found the winner. It looked very flattering on-line...certainly something I would have worn to any of the weddings I'd previously attended or been in. I was feeling hopeful about this one. But alas, when it came I was thrust back into the painful memories of trying on prom dresses in high school--it just wouldn't zip up past my growing chest. Try as I may, that sucker was stuck. I felt 17 all over again...except this time my mom wasn't there to console me.
Because I didn't want my boobs to steal the show away from my beautiful sister, I returned the dress and am currently searching for more. But the big question mark is: what in the freaking world am I going to look like post-baby? Nice people have reassured me that "of course" you'll go back to your former self! "You're in great shape now, so it will be easy to lose the weight." Thanks polite passersby but that is a load of malarkey. No one on God's green Earth knows what this body is going to look like...least of all me. And I am pretty sure that all of the hope in the world isn't going to help either.
As I continue on my journey to find the perfect 'matron of honor' dress, I'll try to keep the "matronly" part to a minimum while concealing my newest assets. Mommies still can be hot, right?? Just not Hooter's waitress hot.
Wish me luck!!!
(My opinion) :) Just make sure you have room in the bust area. :) I am sure that your tummy will still be "loose" but it isn't unreasonable to think that you will be back in good form. A nice a-line dress will probably be very flattering. :) If you chose to nurse though, 8 weeks postpartum (if you have a baby that comes "on-time") is still during the "early, getting used to it all" stages of breastfeeding and you will probably want extra room in the bust area. :) Fun times though! A wedding AND a baby within weeks of each other...your family must be ecstatic! :)
ReplyDelete