Thursday, February 19, 2015

Pillow Talk

One of the best parts of my day has got to be when I put Zoey to bed.  Our routine is that Matt reads her books and then I go in and lay with her and pat her back.  Lately (and especially since we have been homebound with the snow days) she is super chatty at night and still has energy.  Tonight she talked my face off for about a half an hour and the entire time I was just trying to remember every little thing she was saying.  It is so honest, sweet and curious that it made me laugh out loud on several occasions.  Here are the highlights of our convo tonight.  And if it seems jumbled...look again...because she has a seamless transition into every new topic. 
 
It went a little something like this:
Z: *making a sad face*
M:  What's wrong?
Z: I miss somebody.
M: Who do you miss?
Z:  I miss Noah.  When I see him it's going to be Easter, right?  When we are at him house the Easter Bunny is going to come, right?  And she is going to bring me those little bunnies from the book store, right?  Those bunnies have a mom but they don't have a dad.  That's okay, right?
M:  Sure that's okay. 
Z:  Your dad's name is PopPop, right?  And daddy's dad is named PaPa.  Your mom is GaGa and daddy's mom is Nana, right?  That's two moms and two dads!  That is amazing! *puts her hands on her face*
M:  Yea you are so lucky.
Z:  Owen's dad made those flowers for me on my wall, right?  And daddy painted my walls green.  And we moved my bed around because I'm a big girl now and I don't need to change my diapers like Reesey does. 
M:  Yep.  We did that a long time ago.
Z:  When I'm a real big girl I'm going to go to the Ocean School, right?
M:  You mean the Wave School.
Z:  Yea the Ocean School.  When I'm 4 I'm going to go there.  But Luke isn't going to go there, right?  And when I'm a bigger girl I'm going to go to the school through the trees at the park.  I'm going to meet teachers there.
M:  Yes, when you are 5 you are going to go to Kindergarten at Strawbridge.
Z:  *makes 4 with her fingers* Yea, when I'm 4 I'm going to the Ocean and when I'm 5 *makes 5 with fingers* I'm going to go to the Bridge.
M:  You got it. {notice I get very few words in edgewise}
Z:  When we were at the feshial {special} beach house we made stars with marbles, 'member?  It was cold and we went to the ocean to find shells.  That was a feshial day.  When we are at the 'nother beach house it will be July 25th on my birthday, right?
M:  Yep it will be your birthday when we are at the beach.
Z:  That will be a fun day, right?  I will be 4 and you can make pink cupcakes.  Big Matt will like that.  He is your brother.  And your sister is YaYa.  She got me those doggies at the book store.  The book store with the bunnies.  They don't have a dad, right?  {notice how she brought it all back to those bunnies...which apparently I'm going to need to get ASAP so the Easter Bunny can fulfill this prophecy}
M:  Okay Zoey it's getting late.
Z:  We don't eat bunnies, right?  Or trees?  Or bears?  But we can eat gummy bears, right?  They are yummy.  I love them.
M:  Okay Zoey we've done a lot of talking.
Z:  You're right mom.  I'm tired of talking now.  I love you.  You're my best buddy.  Pat my back. *rolls over*
M:  I love you, too.  You're my best buddy.
Z:  After you pat my back you need to scratch it.
M:  Okay boss.  Love you. 
Z:  Love you mom.  I'm going to sleep now.  Please stop talking.
M:  *suppresses giggle*
Z:  *looks convincingly tired* 
M:  *leaves room feeling a successful*
Z:  *proceeds to get out of bed twice because her "curtains moved" {heat is on}*
 
I mean what a little chatter box.  God, I love that kid.  Such a character.
 
And here is my little character the other morning...reading a Maeve Binchy classic with her glasses on so she can "concentrate". 
 
 
 


1 comment: