Yesterday while I was driving to work I passed a bus stop along the way. Nothing out of the usual...depending on how 'fast' we are moving in the morning I can get stuck behind several buses. But yesterday when I was driving past this bus stop I noticed a dad and his daughter in the most sincere embrace. He was down on one knee and they had their heads buried into eachother's necks. It was so sweet and raw that immediately tears came flooding to my eyes. I would never pretend that I'm not easily brought to tears...but I don't normally cry seeing everyday people doing everyday things. I don't know what the context of their hug was, who they are or if I will ever see them again...but the moment that I caught of them touched my heart deeply.
It was just a parent and their child showing how much they love each other.
As Valentine's Day arrives it reminds me of how lucky I am to be able to experience the kind of love I have for my girls. Its the kind of love that makes you want to move mountains, hurdle canyons and dive the deepest ocean. Its the most complicated love that you can't explain to people who haven't experienced it. But its the most simplest kind of love that people can see by just looking in your eyes. Its the kind of love that wakes you up on a Saturday morning at 6 a.m. with "mom, mommy, mom, mommy, mom, mommy" in your ear. The kind of love that has you playing princess for the gajillionth time that day. The kind of love that has you knee deep in sweet potatoes, squash, pears and every other kind of fruit and vegetable because you want to make the food the goes into your baby's body. The kind of love that gets you to work every day because you want your girls to have the kind of life that they deserve (with college degrees, vacations and only small worries). The kind of love that made you want to be a mom in the first place...and made you fight for it, tooth and nail...until you were finally pregnant.
The kind of love that I have for Zoey and Reese.
The kind of love that has you hugging your daughter in the freezing cold at the bus stop on a Friday morning.
The kind of love that I have for Zoey and Reese.
The kind of love that has you hugging your daughter in the freezing cold at the bus stop on a Friday morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment