Saturday, December 3, 2011

Survival Mode

First full week down--countless to go.  I definitely made it to Friday--but barely.  I had a minor emotional breakdown on Tuesday during lunch and had to call my own mommy for support.  She pulled me out of my funk and I went on my way...but it wasn't easy.  I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around my life right now...how getting up and getting bottles ready to leave for my baby has become the new norm.  How getting texts and pictures from Maggie about how Zoey's day is going is now the highlight of my day--instead of witnessing it first hand.  I'm handing it...just not all that well.  Thankfully I am in good company at work and each and every mommy there sympathizes with my feelings.  I guess this is another secret society that I have joined...the working mommies club.  A sad but powerful one.  It seems we are everywhere.  They tell me that although leaving Zoey will never get easy--I will more or less just get used to it.  
On the other hand, I could not be more lucky with Zoey's babysitting situation.  She is constantly surrounded by a gaggle of girls and enveloped in love.  She is so happy during the day and having fun with all of the new faces.  She definitely has it made...which makes my day easier knowing she's giggling at home.
Having a baby changes your priorities in a huge way...I no longer care about going out to dinner, happy hours after work or attending parties.  We have our staff Xmas party this Saturday and the thought of leaving Zoey makes me cringe.  Nothing is as important as being able to spend time with her.  I'm not sure if that will ever change.  So I guess I'll be missing out on a lot of 'adult events' and that is just A-OK with me.  I'll drink a glass of wine on the couch with Matt when my little mama goes to sleep--my new idea of a perfect night.
Not just with going back to work but our world is changing in other ways, too.  It seems that Munchie is a little weed and working on new things each day.  She is super close to rolling over from her back to her front (the left arm keeps getting in the way!) and is able to hold her head steady now for long periods of time.  She loves the excersaucer and sitting up in our laps.  We have also stopped swaddling her at night--which she is taking quite well.  I just can't believe how fast the time is going.  She is really my big girl now!
PS...you'll just have to deal with the long bouts between posts now.  Blogging has also fallen down the list of important stuff along with parties, 'me time' and cleaning the house.  Such is life! 


No comments:

Post a Comment