Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Pukey McPukerson

Not to make light of the subject but I'm pretty sure that I'm raising a bulimic.  Zoey pretty much pukes after every meal...a new trend that I am not such a fan of.  I wasn't at first, but since the vomiting started I have been super vigilant about burping her.  But nothing stops this hurling train--she is on a mission to ruin every outfit that I own.  The best part is that she smiles the minute she's done puking.  Hell, she even smiles during.  At first I panicked when this new thing started and ran for the phone to call her doctor--but all of the websites and books assure me that this is totally normal.  Personally--vomiting is one of my least favorite things to do so I would hate to think that this is the new norm but it doesn't seem to bother her at all.  And so, I will forever be found with a burp cloth on my shoulder...afraid to let it down for fear that more milk will be regurgitated the minute I feel safe.  And that's another thing--just when you think she can't spit up anymore...she does.  God love her.
And just to emphasize my point I was taking pictures of her today (as usual) and this is what happened.  These pictures are, at the most, three seconds apart...just enough for me to wipe her down.  And the proof is in the pudding...she does, indeed, smile while she's puking.  I love that kid but damn, I wish she'd keep her food down!  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment