There is something about a man and a baby that can just melt your heart. That is what mine did all week as I watched my dad play with Zoey. He and my mom came for a visit and it was just too cute for words. Zoey has solidified another fan for life and Grandpa is sufficiently wrapped around her tiny little finger. He kept saying to himself (and others)..."God, she is just so damn perfect. I hate to be that grandparent but it's true." Get in line, Dad. There is a long list of people who think she's pretty darn perfect and I'm certainly at the front of it. Grandpa even went as far to say that Z is cuter and better behaved than any of us kids. Now that is saying something.
And just like Grandmas do, it seems that Grandpas also get a list from up above about what to do when you come to visit. Since his stay we now have two new toilets, 5 new lights and a new ceiling fan. Matt and Dad were quite the handy men this weekend.
I am about to start my last week of freedom with my sweet little angel. I am trying very hard not to think about it but of course it is in the forefront of my brain. I am going to soak up every last drop of her in these next 7 days and hope that it will last me through the long days at work. I know that I'm lucky to have spent so much time with her already but I can't help but think of what I will be missing. Next Sunday my eyes will not be so dry.
Anyway--on to happier subjects! Here is Grandpa and Grandma with Zoey...typical that she is looking every where else but the camera and instead thinking of how to get that crab in her mouth. Everything goes in the mouth these days...everything.
No comments:
Post a Comment