Monday, November 14, 2011

The Gift of 17 Weeks

Since I am trying to turn my frown upside down AND it is November (a month of giving thanks) I have been thinking lately about all of the joys of staying home.  There are almost too many to name...but I am going to try and give you the top reasons why being a stay at home mommy--even for just a few months--rocks.  
1.  There is seriously NOTHING better than seeing your child first thing in the morning.  That first smile of the day is priceless and it is something that I will miss terribly.  
2. Being able to witness all of the milestones first hand is a gift.  Belly button?  I was there.  First time grabbing?  I was there.  First giggle?  I was there.  
3.  Reading books, tummy time and rolling over might seem like small events to some people...but to this mommy they were the highlights of my day.  I love reading with her and seeing the world through her eyes.
4.  Taking walks in the middle of the day is such a treat.  I will miss our afternoon walks since by the time I get home from work it will practically already be dark and walking will not be on the top of my list.
5.  Being able to nurse her is such a special time to bond.  I am going to HATE pumping at work.  I am still so grateful that I never had any issues with breastfeeding.   
6.  All around--being a stay at home mommy is the absolute best job of all jobs.  Even though I knew I was working with borrowed time, every minute that I got to be here was a precious gift.  Going back to work might be one of the most difficult things that I've ever had to do--and it will take a lot of time to get used to.  But I will be happy knowing that I was able to be with Z nonstop for the first 17 weeks of her life.  It is a time that I will cherish forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment