Before I start my life as a working mommy I am proud to say that I have lost all but just a couple of pounds. On one hand, I’m slightly disappointed that I didn’t reach my goal to lose it by now. On the other hand, I realize there are more important things out there. Having a baby puts things into perspective in a quick way! Although the pounds are not all gone, I’m not going to fret about it. My shape is different, my body is forever changed and that is all okay. I have my little girl to show for it. Besides, I DID fit back into all of my jeans—even my skinniest of the skinny jeans! I’d rather wear my clothes than see a specific number on the scale. For me, my ultimate goal was met. And the best part is that I learned some lessons on the way:
1. When trying to lose the weight, it is so much easier when you have incentive. Call a friend, grab your hubby or join a class. When you have people to hold you accountable you are more likely to do it.
2. Losing baby weight is difficult and being hard on yourself will not help you reach your goal. You took 10 months to put in on…give yourself at least that same amount of time to take it off. As long as you are healthy, that is all that matters.
3. Working out with your baby is the best kind of workout. It helps you bond, get outside and sets the stage for your child to have a good self-image. It’s good to see mommy taking care of her body! I know this sounds quasi psycho but I'd like to think I'm already helping Zoey to have a strong sense of self.
4. The most special and important thing about having a baby is getting to spend time with your kiddo. The weight? The workouts? The schedules? The jeans that you want to button?---everything else is just second best. Enjoy your time because it goes too quick.
No comments:
Post a Comment