Hello Lovelies!
It's me...your long lost blogger.
Let me tell you a little tale about my hiatus from my beloved blog and why I'm choosing to start typing away again:
Once I had my second child I started referring back to my blog to jog my memory about what was going on with us and Zoey during her weeks and months of growing. I had questions about her sleep schedule, her eating quips and all of the other milestones that I so dutifully wrote about on my blog. It became a very useful tool!
Tonight I found myself looking at it again to see when exactly Zoey started crawling. My latest creation, Reese (more on her later!), is looking like she could be on the move at any moment now. I would like to think that I could rely on my memory of Zoey's 'firsts' but that is not the case. So as I was re-reading my posts I had a particular pang of guilt that I'm not still writing. While I documented the first 9 months of Zoey's existence...as far as my blog goes life stops there. Poor Reese has been given no mention at all! As I was laying down with Zoey tonight I felt compelled to get back on the computer not to read, but to write again. There are several reasons:
1. I love writing. Always have. Always will.
2. It is such a fun little memory book to keep of all of the important (and not so important) stuff.
3. It was a fun and easy way of keeping out-of-town family (which is pretty much everyone) up to date on the goings-on of our life.
4. Maybe...just maybe, someone reading it got some good advice or a good laugh or a good something. You never know!
I originally stopped because I think when you put your life out there for all to read...they think that they have a certain right to judge you. As if they really, really know you because of what you choose to let them see. I encountered some particular judging that came way too close to home. It was then and there that I decided to stop. I have stayed away for almost 3 years and quite frankly...that just doesn't seem fair. Just because of one naysayer who thinks they had the right. Well, you don't have the right, meanie...and here I am...back to prove that I just don't give a hoot about that stuff anymore.
I guess that is what motherhood does to you. It makes you realize that there are more important things in life than people who make you feel lesser than.
This is getting a little soap-boxy, isn't it?
Anywho. If you enjoyed reading about my ins and outs of motherhood, wifery and life in general...you can once again look forward to hearing about the antics of my crazy life.
Welcome back readers...I've missed you, but please keep the judging to a minimum.
No comments:
Post a Comment