Considering my second beautiful child is 8 months old, there are a million different ways I could start this post.
I could start by telling you that she didn't come easy and we were once again plagued with the troubles of infertility. That instead of getting "accidentally" pregnant on our own as we did with Zoey...we needed real help this time that came in the form of shots, pills and lots of monitoring.
I could start by telling you that despite the rocky start, I had another great pregnancy. I was healthy and fit and even ran until I was 33 weeks pregnant...NTB. That despite a brief scare in which I was exposed to Fifths Disease and had to have intense ultrasounds twice a month, Reese was born healthy as anything and continues to be.
I could start by telling you that Reese came a blessed week early. After two separate doctors told me I was nowhere close to childbirth, she surprised us all and came just hours later. I could tell you that I had almost an identical birth story as I did with Zoey but this time it felt easier because I knew what to expect. I could tell you that we were so excited to be home with our complete family that we brought her home from the hospital the very next day.
I could start by telling you that Matt and I sobbed and held hands when Zoey first walked into the hospital room and proudly told everyone that she was a BIG SISTER. She kissed and held Reese as though she had been doing it for years. I could tell you that Zoey is the kindest, most patient, ever-giving, sweetest big sister there is.
I could start by telling you that Reese is the best baby on the planet. That she has been smiling non-stop since she was born. I could tell you that she is literally the happiest and giggliest thing in this world. I didn't think it was possible to get so lucky with two great babies...but she is proof that theory is wrong.
I could start by telling you that Reese's disposition makes me want to be a better person, a better mom. Her endless grins remind me that nothing I am currently stressing about is nearly as important as her or our family.
I could start by telling you that she gets more beautiful by the minute. She has perfect little features, huge blue eyes, delicate hands and two cute teeth. I could also tell you that she, like her sister, has her father's feet but not his red hair like we had hoped.
I could start by telling you that she is growing at a rapid pace. I feel like I just had her yesterday and all of a sudden she is eating real people food, almost crawling and waving bye-bye.
I could start by telling you that she is a giant child just like her sister. She is in the 99% for height and when I take her to the doctor they can hardly believe she is mine. Just like Zo, it appears that we will not be sharing shoes.
I could start by telling you that Reese made me a believer in the phenomena I like to call "heart expansion". When I found out I was pregnant I was honestly nervous that I couldn't give another baby an equal amount of love. Reese has made my heart grow double and then some. Her big blue eyes made me fall in love all over again.
I could start by telling you that Zoey is Reese's favorite person in the world. They play together, make each other laugh and give each other kisses. And this, my friends...is the best thing that I could ever ask for.
I could start with any of those things.
Instead I'll just leave you with this...because a picture is worth a million words, anyway, right!?
No comments:
Post a Comment