I'm not going to lie, this whole growing up thing is getting scary. My baby is almost crawling and my first baby is getting ready for PreK. Like, real school. Like, help me I'm going to have a panic attack.
If you've been following me you might know that we have been very lucky to have Zoey (and now Reese) in a home setting instead of a daycare. With Zoey, she was actually at OUR house the first year, across the street with just one other child the second year, and for the past two years has been with our wonderful Heather at preschool in her house. Each time I think about these years, even individually, I feel nothing but gratitude. Zoey is such a smart, kind little girl and this undoubtedly has played a huge role. Reese is starting her daycare journey at Heather's and I couldn't be more pleased. We have been so fortunate!
With that said...it can't last forever! They have to break out of the house at some point! And that point just happens to be on the horizon. My sweet Z will be 4 in the fall and we are on the hunt for a great PreK program. We visited two schools this week and each night I've had a bit of anxiety about taking my baby to a 'big girl school' (as we have been referring to it).
Where did the time go? Why is she growing so fast? Will she be leaving for college the next time I blink my eyes?
So far the schools have been great and I think that we have found a perfect fit for Zoey, our family and her needs. It feels nice to have this process underway.
What DOESN'T feel nice is that I feel the days/weeks/months/years slipping by. How can I hold on to my little girl and at the same time prepare her for the outside world?
At the first school Zoey literally dove in and started playing with the other children. One of the girls in the class walked right over to her, took her by the hand and asked her to play. It seriously made tears spring to my eyes.
This little preview helps me to know that Zoey is definitely ready for this next phase. I just don't know if mommy is!
At the first school Zoey literally dove in and started playing with the other children. One of the girls in the class walked right over to her, took her by the hand and asked her to play. It seriously made tears spring to my eyes.
This little preview helps me to know that Zoey is definitely ready for this next phase. I just don't know if mommy is!
No comments:
Post a Comment