I was really hoping that Zoey would be crawling by the time I posted this but it is not to be. I don't know what she is waiting for!! That little rascal has us on the edge of our seats at all times. She is so close to crawling I can't decide if she's being sneaky and will do it while we are both at work or if she is just wanting a bigger audience and will do it while we are at the beach with Matt's family. But just like her birth...she loves to take her sweet time. Zoey is on no one else's schedule but her own. Gotta love her consistency!!
While we've been waiting for her to make her first 'official' move, she has been having quite the growth spurt. In the past week she has been up 3 of those nights crying and cranky until I finally figure out that she's hungry. She then eats at 1 in the morning like she's never been fed before and goes right back to sleep. Amazing what a little midnight snack can do for a growing girl. She is also slowly making the move from three naps to 2. This has me so disarmed that I hardly know what to do with myself. Zoey was on such a good schedule that I should have known it was too good to be true. She has been playing in her crib instead of taking her last nap...and then barely making it to her bedtime. I know that it will all even out eventually...but this transition period has us all a little wacky. For example...yesterday she could barely make it to 8:30 in the morning for her first nap. Took a great afternoon nap but then for her 4 o'clock nap she talked in her bed the entire time until I finally gave up and got her. Then while I was feeding her she fell asleep at 5 and we eventually had to wake her up at 6:30. Who knows how long she would have slept if we let her! We are all befuddled at her new 'schedule'...or lack thereof.
I'm hoping that once she is good and done with this growth spurt she'll kind of lead the way to a new schedule with two long naps and only 4 feedings. My friend couldn't believe that I was still nursing Zoey 5 times at over 8 months. Isn't that what I was supposed to do?? I have no idea, people!! Just fudging it all as I go along...isn't that what parenting is all about?!?!
No comments:
Post a Comment