Some times you feel like a mom. Other times you really feel like a mom. And then there are those special little moments when you REALLY, REALLY feel like a mom. I had one of those on Friday in the middle of the night (when these moments are most likely to occur).
Zoey woke up with diarrhea (see, only moms can say that without wincing) around 10 that night. We put her in the bath, changed the sheets and said a little prayer that it was a fluke.
I laid back in bed with her, of course...because that is just what you do when your baby doesn't feel well. I thought I had her asleep until suddenly she started crying and pointing to her throat. Before I could say: "Zoey are you okay?"...she vomited everywhere. I mean everywhere. Over herself. Over me. The bed. The pillows. Her stuffed animals. Blankets. You name it.
Clean up round 2. A little more extensive than the first. More bath time, more laundry.
We moved her to our bed and tried sleep once again.
Circa midnight, as I am lying in my bed with my sweet girl...I realize this is one of my major mom moments. I am sleep deprived, covered in remnants of bodily fluids, staring at my 3 year old and just willing her to feel better. I get up to change out the laundry in case we have another accident, wash what I can of my body and take a deep breath. I lay back down and watch her breath...for pretty much the rest of the night. She is so peaceful. I am so grateful.
In that crazy midnight second...I feel very lucky.
These are the moments I will remember for the rest of my life...because these are the moments, good or bad...that make me a mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment