During one of my *super exciting* pumping sessions today, I was reading a post started by a mom who wanted to share what type of mom she was. Is she a hippie mom? A scheduled mom? A formula mom? A perfectionist mom? A helicopter mom? The suspense!
It got me wondering...who in the world can narrow down their mothering to just one type? I'm a pretty consistent person but I could never put my mommy-style into a single box. I hope that on my very best parenting days, it's more of a conglomerate of best practices I've picked up from here, there and everywhere. From my own mother to my own instincts...my mom type is an evolution from one day to the next.
I'm the type of mom who picks my kid's nose.
I'm the type of mom who checks on them each and every night while they sleep just to make sure they are okay. They are always okay.
I'm the type of mom who doesn't stay late at work or go to happy hour because I want to pick up my girls at the very second that I'm free.
I'm the type of mom who makes my own baby food.
I'm the type of mom who doesn't let her kids watch a lot of TV.
I'm the type of mom who is still trying to convince herself that being a working mom is best for everyone involved.
I'm the type of mom who asks A LOT of questions at the pediatrician's office.
I'm the type of mom who hopes she is setting a good example for her girls.
I'm the type of mom who hopes she is setting a good example for her girls.
I'm the type of mom who takes way too many pictures. Not on my fancy camera, though...just my phone. Lord knows I can never remember to bring my actual picture taking device with me anywhere!
I'm the type of mom who struggles with the car seat buckles daily. (I mean seriously, you'd think I'd have this down by now.)
I'm the type of mom who eats hot dogs and peas for lunch because I'm too lazy to make separate meals.
I'm the type of mom who can't stop kissing her kids.
I'm the type of mom who forgets what she did with her first baby so she has to look up everything all over again for #2...huhlo mommy brain!
I'm the type of mom who hopes she doesn't necessarily "look" like a mom.
I'm the type of mom who can freak out every now and then about something that turns out to be juuuust fine.
I'm the type of mom who is already over kid's birthday parties. Yours and mine.
I'm the type of mom who can hear a paci drop from a crib in the middle of the night from two bedrooms away.
I'm the type of mom who fears hormones, boyfriends and prom dress shopping.
I'm the type of mom who is quasi-jealous (okay really jealous) of her 3 year old's hair.
I'm the type of mom who loves to bake, but cooking??...not so much.
I'm the type of mom who secretly hopes that one of her daughters will wear her wedding dress one day.
I'm the type of mom who is pretty sure her kids are both geniuses.
I'm the type of mom who can freak out every now and then about something that turns out to be juuuust fine.
I'm the type of mom who is already over kid's birthday parties. Yours and mine.
I'm the type of mom who can hear a paci drop from a crib in the middle of the night from two bedrooms away.
I'm the type of mom who fears hormones, boyfriends and prom dress shopping.
I'm the type of mom who is quasi-jealous (okay really jealous) of her 3 year old's hair.
I'm the type of mom who loves to bake, but cooking??...not so much.
I'm the type of mom who secretly hopes that one of her daughters will wear her wedding dress one day.
I'm the type of mom who is pretty sure her kids are both geniuses.
I'm the type of mom who would do ANYTHING...I mean anything, for my girls.
So am I a hippie? Scheduler?? Perfectionist???
I think I'm just me...and hopefully that is good enough.
What type of mom are you?
No comments:
Post a Comment