Okay guys...here goes nothing...
The other day one of my teacher friends found out that I wrote a blog and quickly asked if it was a fitness blog. I had three reactions:
1. What!?! Haha...NO.
2. Welllll...I have always thought it might be fun to have a fitness blog just like the ones that I admire.
3. Do I look like I could have a fitness blog!? *mentally patting myself on the back*
In truth, I have been thinking about posting my workout 'routine'...so here it is.
First of all let me say that in no way do I think I am in tip-top shape, an expert on fitness OR on nutrition. I try to eat healthy and exercise 5 days a week but overall...I'm just trying to do the best I can. In fact my newest mantra is: Do what you can, where you can, when you can.
I have had several fitness journeys in my life. I was a swimmer all through high school. I hardly worked out and instead ate and drank too much in college (PS...Chipotle is, in fact, NOT a diet food). When I moved to VaBeach I ran 2 marathons in a row and got serious about distance running. After that I fell in love with hot yoga and boot camp. {This is all before children, mind you.} Post-Zoey all I could really do was run with her in the jogger, so I did...and got pretty fast, too (NTB). And now post-Reese I am trying to focus on being strong.
This newest phase started in the fall. I was trying to get home, get organized, get the girls in the double jogger and out the door each day after work. As you can imagine this was NOT going well. I think in the first 4 weeks I was able to run 4 times. Maybe. However, I am the type of person that NEEDS to workout. For mental and physical reasons. I'm a much happier person when I have been nice to my body.
After taking a hard look at my current situation I knew I needed something that was actually going to work. This meant giving up running after school. I decided that working out in the mornings at home was my only option. Sooo...Pinterest became my new personal trainer. My family room became my new gym. 5:00 a.m. became my new wake up time. True mom life, for real.
After taking a hard look at my current situation I knew I needed something that was actually going to work. This meant giving up running after school. I decided that working out in the mornings at home was my only option. Sooo...Pinterest became my new personal trainer. My family room became my new gym. 5:00 a.m. became my new wake up time. True mom life, for real.
Hence my new mantra.
I started with finding great workouts on Pinterest and doing Jillian Michaels' DVDs. If you follow me on Pinterest you can see all of my workout pins here...I have tried them all and most of them are true butt kickers. I also love Jillian's 6 Weeks to 6 Pack Abs and her 30 Day Shred. More butt kicking. Another awesome resource are these 10 minute You Tube videos. I usually pick two a day. These are my current fav!
These workouts are all 30 minutes or less and pretty much all I can stand to do before the day starts. They are intense and get the job done. What else can you ask for?
As a busy mom...it's easy to put yourself last. Believe me...I know. I'm not exactly on my priority list. But I firmly believe that in order to be a good mom, I have to take care of myself, too. This means carving out time to sweat. And if it's before the sun rises...so be it.
These workouts are all 30 minutes or less and pretty much all I can stand to do before the day starts. They are intense and get the job done. What else can you ask for?
As a busy mom...it's easy to put yourself last. Believe me...I know. I'm not exactly on my priority list. But I firmly believe that in order to be a good mom, I have to take care of myself, too. This means carving out time to sweat. And if it's before the sun rises...so be it.
No comments:
Post a Comment